Friday 11 September 2015

Fibrefest in Almonte this weekend

I will be a vendor at the Almonte Fibrefest this weekend. Look for my colourful dish towels and new Tencel and silk scarves! I also have more hand-dyed yarn available in lace to worsted weights, most of which is suitable for weaving.

Here are just a few handwoven items that will be available at my booth:

100% Canadian Virgin Wool blanket

Cotton and linen scarf

Cotton and linen Swedish-style table runner

Another 100% Canadian Virgin Wool blanket

And of course I'll have more dyer balls available. If you've never heard of dryer balls, come out to see what they're all about!

There will be a sheep-shearing demo on Saturday as well as an alpaca fleece sorting and competition. Note that if you go to see the exhibit at the MVTM (Missisippi Valley Textile Museum), your entrance fee ($5) covers that of the festival too. The festival is at the arena/curling club. I recommend going to the see the exhibit in the morning since it gets very crowded there later in the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment